Tea has been with us for long ago and many do not know the health benefits of taking tea. Apart from taking tea with bread as breakfast, there are nutritional values attributed to the drink.
This post is directed towards educating people on the benefits associated with the consumption of tea. It has been observed and recommended by Health practitioners that drinking tea can help fight some ailment like cancer, diabetes, heart disease among others.
They range from black, green and oolong tea which are made from the same plant. These teas possess unique flavor that sets them apart due to differences in how the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant are processed.
There is a difference between these teas and herbal teas as they are not made from the same plant. These (herbal teas) are products of the roots, leaves, flowers and other components from a variety of plants. Chamomile and peppermint are two popular herbal teas. Chamomile is made from the plant’s flowers and peppermint from the leaves of a mint plant.
We have highlighted some of the main health benefits that scientists have proven about drinking tea
1. Reduces the risk of heart disease – It has been observed that drinking of tea can improve the blood flow around the body. It widens key arteries and reduces the risk of clots. Tea contains ‘flavonoids’ an antioxidants which may slow down the onset and risk of heart disease.
2. Hydration of the body - Some scientists believe that drinking of tea can help keep the body hydrated. Making of tea consist of water and with the flavour components in it, it can help regulate the body metabolism.
3. Weight loss – There are some teas that can help reduce calorie or body fat. Green tea and black tea are excellent for slimming down.
4. Erectile dysfunction correction - Some studies revealed that it contains compounds which can help protect against oxidative stress in blood vessels and tissues in the penis and help improve erectile dysfunction.
5. Immune Booster - Possesses the ability to boost the immune System.
6. Reduction in the risk of cancer - Some high-profile studies have recently suggested that tea drinking could seriously help your chances of avoiding cancer. Although research is still developing in this area, reports indicate that prostate, mouth and breast cancer cases are much lower amongst those who regularly drink five or more cups of tea a day.
7. Tooth decay prevention – This can come as a surprise but it is the truth. A regular intake of tea can strengthen your teeth and lower the risk of tooth decay. Tea has high fluoride content which can help tooth enamel. The antioxidants contained within a cuppa have also been known to fight against bacteria and gum disease.
8. Fight Tiredness – Some research has shown that drinking of tea may help Fight Tiredness and increase Energy Levels.
9. Tea has the potential to Lower Blood Sugar.
Read Also: Know your red wine
I trust from reading this post, you are elated to get your cups ready for tea. Well I need to clarify that there are different kinds of tea and in this list, herbal tea (made from variety of plants) is excluded.
There are four types of teas listed here made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis but are processed differently.They are black, green, oolong, and white.
It has a delicate flavour and less caffeine compared to the black tea. They retain a higher amount of antioxidants. white tea has a smoother, gentler and almost sweet taste while green tea tastes slightly stronger.
It has been found to boost the performance of the liver, and prevent arthritis by strengthening the bones. It’s high antioxidants that improves brain function, fat loss, protecting against cancer and lowering the risk of heart disease
This is a type of tea that is more oxidized than the other categories of teas. Black tea is generally stronger in flavor than the other three teas.
Black tea contains more caffeine than any other teas made from the Camellia sinensis plant. This is why they are better for obesity prevention and treatment than other teas.
Oolong tea is not as popular as the green or black tea, but it has similar health benefits. It is beneficial to the heart, brain, bone and dental health. Besides, it may aid decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, protect against certain types of cancer and boost your metabolism.
Regardless of your choice of tea, suffice to say that drinking of tea has numerous benefits that are inexpensive to purchase and maintain good health. Drinking of these (green, black, White and Oolong) teas can help stay warm in cold situations, cool off during the hot times and also maintain a healthier heart, brain, and body system.
The amazing thing is that SPAR got you covered and value your health. As the saying goes “health is wealth”. We value our esteemed customers and wish to provide inexpensive care method to staying healthy. You can take advantage of these benefits and start adding tea to your menu.
We reward our loyal customers. The loyalty app is available for download in the IOS and google play store. DOWNLOAD NOW to start shopping and gaining!